The 2012 Nick’s Marathon is officially a wrap! It was an incredible run, and I think most/all of us are pretty exhausted today, but it was definitely worth it. Here are a few fun highlights from the weekend:
- This was our fourth event, and the first time we raised over $3,000. Our total so far stands at $4,027 – a new Nick’s Marathon record!
- We had a pretty lively chat going online while we played, including one guy who said he was watching from Australia!
- This was our first NM debuting a new system, and despite a few hiccups with using a brand new console, (almost) everything went off without a hitch!
- James’ homemade arcade machine also made its NM debut. Nick LOVED the machine, and was known to “run” many games (i.e. beat every challenger) whenever he played.
- We beat New Super Mario Bros. U on Saturday, and the team was THISCLOSE to beating it a second time on Sunday… before a “Mehlfunction” brought the game to a screeching halt.
- A partial listing of some of the healthy and nutritious food that was consumed: Chinese food, pizza, Atomic Wings, McDonald’s, M&M’s (plain and peanut), chips, pretzels, Chex Mix, PopTarts, and a hefty supply of Mario gummies.
- Our first raffle was a success; our winner is a Child’s Play supporter from Massachusetts who was very excited to have won a brand new WiiU!
All in all, it was a great event, and all of us at Nick’s Marathon want to thank everyone who donated, bought raffle tickets, told their friends about us, came to our bar night, played games with us, and helped us out in a myriad of other ways.
I’d like to also thank our amazing Board of Directors. Making this year’s event happen was a huge undertaking, and I appreciate all of your hard work and dedication to pulling it off.
This was our biggest Nick’s Marathon ever, and we hope to keep growing every year from here on out.